Saturday, June 16, 2012

Extoling the Virtues of Boots

Confession time! I love boots, I really do. Everything, from the ultra-femme high-heeled boots to motorcycle boots, catches my eye in a shop.

What I really like about the many varieties of boots is their versatility. They can be stylish and fashionable, or comfortable and utilitarian. And a decent pair of boots will get you both of those qualities.

A decent boot.
Source: Tumblr (sphynxsnow)

I myself prefer wedge boots over heeled boots. I've always found them to be more comfortable than stilettos, and I can walk in them all day without my feet feeling strange when I take them off.

Unfortunately for me, my only pair of wedge boots is falling apart. The suede cover is coming apart and they've just become, in general, ratty. Luckily for Charlie, the oh-so-helpful blog Rookie has a tutorial how to cover shoes in glitter. The link in bold will take you to the tutorial.

Enough of my anecdotes. Here, have some pictures of vintage boots.

A boot, which I believe is from Edwardian times.
Source: Tumblr (unknown blog)

A pair of Parisian boots from 1900-1920
Source: Tumblr (ornamentedbeing)

Adelaide boot from the Victorian era, specifically 1865-1875
Source: Tumblr (ornamentedbeing)

No comments:

Post a Comment